Last week, we simplified two processes that were previously only possible with regular expressions.
- We added the ability to grab value by template. See more at https://testrigor.com/docs/language/#grab.
- This was previously only possible by Regex, which was a less user-friendly, codelike solution.
- A common use case would be an email where it is necessary to save an OPT (one-time password) that is a 6-digit code. Use the following command to do so:
grab value by template "######" and save it as "OPT"
- See more about symbols for templates at https://testrigor.com/docs/simple-template/.
- We added the ability to extract value by template.
- This was also only possible by Regex.
- This is particularly useful when a value has been saved and not all of the value is needed. You can extract the value from a variable that has already been saved.
- See more about extracting values at https://testrigor.com/docs/language/#extract.
- Find another great example of how value extraction works can be found at https://testrigor.com/docs/language/#sms.